The GPS-Logger 3 is a full-featured GPS system that can be used standalone, where the GPS telemetry data is recorded in real-time and stored on the internal SD card or viewed in real-time with a supported telemetry radio system.
It is very small and lightweight with many advanced features and capabilities.
It can measure and record:
Altitude - Location - Speed - Heading - Vario, Climb/Descent Rate - Distance - Satellites - RX Voltage and more
The GPS-Logger 3 is compatible with the following telemetry radio systems:
Graupner HoTT – Jeti – Futaba – Spektrum – FrSky – JR – CORE - Multiplex
It can also operate in standalone mode recording flight data at a selectable recording rate of 1 Hz to 10 Hz and with the included micro-SD memory card it can store almost any length of recording with high and detailed resolution.
The GPS-Logger 3 also has a high quality pressure sensor for Vario functions and also allows the use of compensation nozzles with the integrated TEK connector. This gives you a Vario functionality that very accurately displays true climb and sink regardless of "stick thermals".
For exact altitude measurement, even when operating with a TEK nozzle, a second pressure sensor is built-in providing accurate altitude data independent of the speed.
Information about the loads during flight are provided with the built-in 3-axis accelerometer. The acceleration of all three axes can be displayed at each waypoint in the recording, as well as via telemetry on your radio system.
GPS-Logger also supports the new competition format, OLC (Online Contest). The built-in noise sensor (ENL = engine noise level) provides engine running time information during flight which is automatically recognized and recorded. The IGC file required for OLC submissions is created and digitally signed on the memory card, no conversion software is required.
In addition to its own measured values, the GPS-Logger 3 can also accept telemetry data from our UniLog 1 / 2 and UniSens-E live telemetry modules via a direct connection cable and write them to the memory card.
The recorded GPS data can be displayed and evaluated in 3D on Google Earth™. For converting to the Google Earth™ format we provide free software "SM GPS Converter". Only the free standard version of Google Earth™ is needed.
The GPS-Logger 3 data is also supported by third-party software LogView www.logview.info. With LogView you can analyze your data and also convert the GPS data to the Google Earth™ format.
You can also use the GNU DataExplorer Java application for data analysis using your PC, Mac or Linux computer www.nongnu.org/dataexplorer
Regardless of whether you fly sailplanes, pattern planes, IMAAC, scale palnes, helicopters, cars, boats drones or any flying or moving model, the GPS-Logger 3 can be used in almost every type of application due to its light weight and compact size.
- The 10 Hz GPS provides up to 10 measured values per second providing high resolution data recordings
- Included Micro-SD memory card enables almost unlimited data recording and easy data readout
- Recorded data is stored as plain text on the memory card (NMEA file) which simplifies further processing by many programs
- High resolution Vario with TEK (Total Energy Kompensation) connection
- Altitude measurement with second pressure sensor and an automatic zero setting at startup
- Integrated 3 axis acceleration sensor up to +- 16 g
- IGC file creation for online contest (OLC) submissions with integrated engine noise sensor for ENL measurement
- Full telemetry support for Graupner HoTT, Jeti Duplex (EX), Multiplex M-Link, Futaba FASSTest S.BUS2, JR DMSS, FrSky and Spektrum
- Can also record telemetry data from our UniLog 1 /2 and UniSens-E telemetry sensors (only with Graupner HoTT, Jeti and Multiplex radio systems).
- Recording of all data on the Multiplex sensor bus when operating with M-Link
- Remote connection for receiver for control of certain functions
- Recording of receiver battery voltage
- Can use the same power from the receiver battery
- Internal backup battery for quick start of GPS
- Start of recording adjustable by based on certain conditions
- LED’s show current GPS reception status
- Real-Time data view of measured values with our optional UniDisplay module (Graupner HoTT, Jeti and M-Link operation)
- Settings setup can be made via PC, UniDisplay and radio telemetry system
- Fast conversion of data for 3D display with Google Earth™ with our free "SM GPS Converter" software.
- Support by the LogView software www.logview.info and the GNU DataExplorer software www.nongnu.org/dataexplorer
- GPS Logger 3 Telemetry Module
- Radio Connection Cables
- Micro SD Card
- SD Card Holder
- SD Card to USB Interface
- English Manual (download)
- Made in Germany
The GPS Logger 3 is preset for Graupner HoTT telemetry. Changing to your radio system is easily done using your radio and receiver over a free channel. You can also accomplish this by using the free downloadable PC software or with the UniDisplay product.
The current GPS Logger 3 software is still in the German language. However, we have provided a very accurate English translation of the user manual that should get you started with no issues.