iMSB is a suite of advanced telemetry data display and logging applications running under iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. They are targeted to 2.4 GHz telemetry enabled RC transmitter systems from Graupner, Multiplex® and FrSky. It integrates a wide range of telemetry sensors available on the market.
iMSB offers a state of the art addition for built in and external telemetry displays adding a whole new range of advanced features taking telemetry analysis and flight tracking beyond the possibilities of current radio system.
Real-time flight data is displayed in an easily readable format utilizing customizable graphical views in digital or analog format on a mobile device. iMSB applications are fully customizable to accommodate the specific needs for real-time data recording and presentation.
iMSB not only displays real-time flight data but is also able to record and save flight sessions for later playback and analysis. It can be configured to alert when critical values are reached and provides valuable statistical flight data.
iMSB enhances flight line safety by monitoring airplane position and altitude to ensure field boundaries are not being crossed therefore promoting field compliancy and safety to pilots and the public.
iMSB can also be used by spotters or callers during training, FPV flights and long-range drone operations where critical flight data and model location can be monitored for safety.
When used during single pilot operation, iMSB allows the pilot to issues voice commands to request important information which will be promptly announced over the mobile device.
The iMSB hardware supports any Graupner HoTT radio with a telemetry data port.
FREE iMSB TEST DRIVE APP
DISPLAY FAVORITE TELEMETRY DATA
- Support for various thematic displays such as electrical and temperature sensors, Vario, altitude, speed, heading and rpm, which are freely configurable.
- Up to nine freely configurable display views can be defined per model.
- With a connected GPS the current model position, as well as its flight track can be displayed on a moving map.
- Minimum, maximum and average statistical data can be shown along the actual sensor value, as well as a graphical plot of its evolution over time.
- Displays sensor data in metric, imperial or nautical units.
- Freely customize views of each value display by assigning sensor values to individual analog gauges or digital display fields.
- The layout of each view can be defined from a predefined set of templates.
- Each value display can be enabled or disabled in order the keep the interface organized. Even the ordering and the position at which each display will appear on the tab bar can be configured.
CUSTOM MODEL LAYOUTS
- Define individual models and assign available sensors from a list of predefined sensors or specify your own sensor by selecting the values it should contain.
- The values available on each sensor can be customized and configured according to the settings in the real model.
- When certain values become available, iMSB can also calculate additional data such as GPS coordinates for plotting the flight track on a map, used power of an electric motor, etc.
- All model, sensors and value names can be freely edited and customized.
ALARMS AND CUSTOM NOTIFICATIONS
- Individual alarm thresholds, as well as multiple level notifications for each sensor value can be setup directly in the application (no specific settings required at the sensor level)
- Get notified of an alarm by issuing an alarm sound, display a message or receive voice notifications.
- Alarm and notification messages can be custom defined and adapted to individual needs.
FLIGHT LOGGING AND REPLAY
- Record real-time flight sessions and save them for later playback and analysis on your iPad or iPhone.
- Control replay speed, forward to a specific position, as well as pausing and playback resume.
- Fine tune and modify the model definition for each log recording.
- Integrates an enhanced Vario sound player (Vario required).
- A map and coordinates-based model finder allows to recover your lost models.
ANALYZE YOUR FLIGHTS
- Compare flights as well as model statistics.
- Plot several values simultaneously on a time graph for extended data analysis.
VOICE COMMAND CONTROL
- iMSB incorporates a flexible voice-based application navigation and command set for controlling various application features, requesting the announcement of a sensor value or even a whole set of values
- Reached alarm thresholds or levels are all voice announced. Messages announcement can be individually customized.
- The full list of the available voice commands and configurations can be found here.
TRANSMITTER EVENTS APPLICATION CONTROL
- Use transmitter events such as the flip of a switch to control user defined tasks such as navigating through the application, announcing value lists, or controlling the Vario player.
- Each task can be executed by specifying one or several trigger actions or state conditions based on transmitter, timer or value occurrence events.
FLIGHT DATA EXPORT
- Export flight log data over iCloud, Dropbox or OneDrive for further visualization and analysis in the following formats:
- LogView Open Format Zero (csv) for visualization in LogView Studio
- kmz flight track for 3D visualization in Google Earth
- Reconstructed NMEA data supporting GPRMC, GPVTG, GPGLL, GPGGA sentences
MAP ANNOTATION WITH OVERLAYS
- Use map overlays to mark specific spots like landing or spectators’ zones, as well as restricted flight zones on the map.
- Get acoustic and visual alarms when flying over a restricted flight zone.
- Use the map overly editor to choose among various type of map shapes and customize them according to your personal preferences and topography.
FLY GPS AND FAI TRIANGLES LIKE A PRO
- Define GPS and FAI triangles you want to fly at your favorite field and display them while you are flying on a map view.
- Use the map overlay editor to easily draw and edit your FAI triangles attributes.
- Use the virtual OLC sensor in conjunction with your GPS sensor to provide even more flight and statistics information, such as the number of laps flown, the actual waypoint headed to, the remaining distance to the next waypoint, the time flown for each lap, the speed when leaving the start circle and much more.
MULTI GESTURE SUPPORT
- iMSB uses multi-gestures for the following functionality:
- Swipe horizontally from the left or right edge of the screen to switch between views.
- Swipe horizontally on the tab bar to display additional view selection buttons.
- In a displayed meter view tap on a value, its corresponding statistic or an analog meter to announce the corresponding value.
- Pan vertically in a meter view to announce all values shown in that display. This allows to easily handle announcement lists.
LUA SCRIPT SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM MADE APPLICATIONS
- Use the iMSB Lua sensor scripting libraryfor specific user defined sensor value processing and application behavior control.
- The embedded code editor and log console permits efficient Lua script development and testing.
- Exchange your designs with your buddy via the script import and export feature.
In order to perform real-time data acquisition with iMSB M-Link, iMSB FrSky or iMSB HoTT a respective RC transmitter or HF module equipped with a data or serial port is required. The transmission of real time telemetry data from the RC transmitter to an iOS device is performed over a Bluetooth smart device that needs to be installed in the transmitter. Dedicated Bluetooth modules are available for each application and telemetry protocol.
An telemetry enabled GPS or Vario (altimeter) is needed inside the model for certain operations.
More information can be found on the hardware page